Inter deny Icardi is up for sale

Inter sporting director Piero Ausilio has denied that Mauro Icardi is up for sale.

On Sunday, Icardi s wife and agent Wanda Nara claimed Inter had put the captain up for sale amid reported interest from Atletico Madrid.

The 23-year-old Argentinian signed a new four-year contract at San Siro in June 2015, and Ausilio insisted there are no plans to let him leave beforehand.

Asked about Nara s comments, Ausilio said: I m not angry about it, I just would have preferred to spend my Sunday differently.

It made me smile to be honest, but I do think it was the wrong time and the wrong place. You always have the opportunity to discuss these things but I feel it was done the wrong way. It should be done in private.

In any case, one day of headlines is eno…

´There are many regrets´ – Galliani on Torres´ time at Milan

Adriano Galliani has admitted to having many regrets about Fernando Torres unhappy six-month spell with AC Milan.

Torres returns to San Siro with Atletico Madrid for Saturday s Champions League final against Real Madrid and is expected to be named in Diego Simeone s starting line-up.

The experienced striker has enjoyed a something of a renaissance with Atletico this season, scoring 12 goals in all competitions after rejoining his boyhood club on an 18-month loan from Milan last January.

Torres is under contract with the Serie A club until the end of next month, but will almost certainly not return to Italy, where he scored just one goal in 10 league appearances between August 2014 and January 2015.

And Galliani told Mediaset: There are many regrets, we…

Rodriguez plays down United link

James Rodriguez has vowed to stay at Porto after downplaying the possibility of joining Manchester United.

Colombia international Rodriguez has persistently been linked with the English Premier League club after impressing since his 5 million-euro switch to Portuguese champions Porto in 2010.

However, the 21-year-old claims an exit from the Estadio do Dragao is not on the agenda as he is about to enter his third season at the club.

I want to stay here, Porto are a big club and they are my present, he said.

My only thought is playing for Porto and I am also thinking about what is best for the club.

Rodriguez also had words of praise for fellow countryman Jackson Martinez, who earned an 8.9 million-euro transfer to Porto last week, having impres…

Ajax want Ryo Miyaichi

Ajax are exploring the option of signing Arsenal winger Ryo Miyaichi, .

The Amsterdammers are in the market for a new right winger, but limited resources mean they cannot afford to spend a lot of money on the new recruit.

Having missed out on Heerenveen winger Luciano Narsingh, who opted for PSV Eindhoven, Ajax have turned their attention to Arsenal youngster Ryo Miyaichi.

The Japanese midfielder largely impressed during the loan spell at Bolton last season, but he is likely to be loaned once again because of the fierce competition for places at the Emirates.

The 19-year-old already has some Eredivisie experience, having spent six months at Feyenoord during the 2010/2011 season, and he quickly became fans’ favourite at De Kuyp.

Miyaichi needs r…

Lukaku wants to be a more ´all-round´ striker than Kane

Manchester United star Romelu Lukaku wants to be more of an all-round striker than Premier League leading goalscorer Harry Kane.

Tottenham forward Kane has won the Golden Boot in each of the past two campaigns and is joint-top of the standings this year with 24 goals, alongside Liverpool attacker Mohamed Salah.

Despite enduring a difficult end to 2017, Lukaku has scored 14 goals for United this term, but his six assists are superior to the two supplied by the England international.

I would normally be up there, like last year or the year before, I was up there, Lukaku told Sky Sports when the difference between his and Kane s records was pointed out.

But this year, I had the dry spell in November and December, where there was a gap, and now things are b…

Conte impressed by Morata´s return to scoring form

Chelsea manager Antonio Conte hailed the character of Alvaro Morata to overcome his long scoring drought in the FA Cup quarter-final success against Leicester City.

Spain striker Morata broke the deadlock with a well-taken finish in the 42nd minute as last season s beaten finalists prevailed 2-1 in extra time.

It was his first goal of any kind in 2018, marking a successful return to the starting XI having been overlooked for the last three matches.

The 25-year-old went close to a second on a couple of occasions and won praise for his all-round display.

For Alvaro it was important to score but I am pleased for his performance, Conte told reporters.

He showed great character and to be strong. I think his goal will be very important for the futur…

Forster undergoes Southampton medical

Celtic goalkeeper Fraser Forster has moved closer to joining Southampton after undergoing a medical at the Premier League club.

England international Forster has been the subject of long-term interest from the St Mary s Stadium club, who are thought to have agreed a £10 million deal with Scottish champions Celtic.

And, speaking after his side s 1-0 friendly defeat to Bayer Leverkusen on Saturday, Southampton boss Koeman confirmed a move for the former Newcastle United man is imminent.

Of course we are interested he did the medical tests, the Dutchman is quoted by The Daily Echo.

But for yesterday afternoon, I have not spoken to the board and maybe when I go up for a drink they will tell me that.

For sure we are interested but I didn t hear he …

Coppa Italia Review: Virtus Entella and Modena win on penalties, Spezia leave it late

​The big guns may not have been in Coppa Italia action on Saturday, but Spezia and Virtus Entella gave fans drama in their respective ties.

Lecce, who were in Serie A as recently as 2012, looked to have forced extra-time in their clash at Spezia, but the third-tier side were unable to hold on.

Spezia edged the encounter in general play, but their fans were made to wait as they desperately sought a late goal to secure progression.

Eventually, the winner did arrive as defender Filippo De Col grabbed the all-important goal to earn a 1-0 victory for Nenad Bjelica s men.

Benevento twice found themselves a goal behind to hosts Virtus Entella in Chiavari, but the third-tier side did manage to avoid a regulation-time defeat.

The visitors were staring cu…

Trezeguet backs Juve for European glory

River Plate striker David Trezeguet believes Juventus have what it takes to win the Champions League this season.

The former France international, who wore the Juve jersey from 2000 until 2010, was impressed with their performance in their Group E opener against Chelsea, and believes they have a number of world-class players in their squad.

Juventus really impressed me against Chelsea. They are a united team and are very well organised. They can go all the way in the Champions League if they can keep up their current form, Trezeguet was quoted as saying by Tuttosport.

The team s spine is of the highest level. Players such as Gianluigi Buffon, Andrea Pirlo and Mirko Vucinic are all world-class.

The 34-year-old said Juventus lack a real finisher, but ad…

Bordeaux open to Chamakh reunion

Bordeaux president Jean Louis Triaud has invited Arsenal striker Marouane Chamakh to return to Stade Chaban-Delmas.

The Moroccan had left les Girondins on a free transfer to sign for Arsenal in the summer of 2010, but had a very disappointing start to his career at the Emirates.

After scoring 7 league goals in his first season at the club, the 28-year-old netted just once last term.

Chamakh has since fallen further behind the pecking order and has made just one substitute appearance in Capitol One Cup this season.

As a result, the player is widely expected to leave the Emirates in the near future and Bordeaux are prepared to welcome him back to Stade Chaban-Delmas.

“Chamakh? He knows when he wants too, he can return to Bordeaux, but he is happy…